2019 First Annual
SOUTHWEST REGIONAL RACE AMITY CONFERENCE
Hosted By The Mesa Community College
Cultural Sciences Department and the Office of Student Life
In Partnership With The National Center for Race Amity
NAVAJO ROOM CENTER, MESA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
NOON October 4th – 2PM Saturday, October 5, 2019
This Registration is for High School Students, non-Mesa CC undergraduate & graduate students, and the General Public. MESA CC Students and MESA Faculty must register through the MESA Office of Student Life.
REGISTRATION OPENS June 15, 2019
Below is the Conference Overview
The complete Conference Agenda and Breakout Session titles
will be posted on August 15th
Conference Presenters will include
Lori Huerta DeLeon
Dolores Huerta Foundation
Vanessa Martinez, Ph. D.
Holyoke Community College
Linda Meccouri, Ph.D.
Community College Educator
Consultant, Positive Strategy Change
Director National Baha'i Media Center
An American Story: Race Amity and The Other Tradition.
Fred Ross, Jr.
Neighbor to Neighbor
Organizer, BEW 1245
William H. “Smitty” Smith Ed.D.
Founding Executive Director National Center for Race Amity
Creator and Co-Executive Producer
An American Story: Race Amity and The Other Tradition
Unlike large-scale national conferences where “small” breakout sessions can number 75 participants or more, Race Amity breakout sessions usually involved 20 to 35 participants. This smaller group approach offers learning opportunities in group settings that are more conducive to greater sharing and understanding. The conference offers a very good cost value as all meals are included in registration.
NCRA strongly encourages you to take advantage of even lower cost through Early Bird registration.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4
- Registration Open 9AM to 7PM
- Lunch and Opening Keynote 12:30PM – 1:30PM
- Eight Breakout Sessions 1:45PM – 3:30 PM
- Race Amity Film 3:45PM -5:15PM (Smith and Rothman)
- Dinner Break 5:15PM – 7:00PM
- Evening Key Note Panel 7:00PM – 8:30PM (Lori Huerta DeLeon, Fred Ross, Jr., William H.Smith,Ed. D., Craig Rothman)
- Panel Presentation Amity in Celebration of Hispanic Heritage
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5
- Breakfast 7:30AM to 8:30AM
- Morning Keynote 8:30AM to 9:30AM (Linda Meccouri,Ph.D.)
- Break to next Session 9:30AM to 9:45AM
- Breakout Sessions 9:45 to 11:00AM
- Break to next Session 11:00AM to 11:15AM
- Artistic Presentation 11:15AM to 12:15PM
- Break to Lunch 12:15PM to 12:30PM
- Luncheon Keynote 12:30PM to 1:00PM (Robert Henderson, Ed.d.)
- Conference Reflection/Closing 1:00PM to 1:30
- Reflection/Closing 1:00PM to 1:30
The Hilton Garden Inn Tempe has a special conference rate of $114 per night. Contact the Hotel direct (480) 370-4293 for Special Conference Rate. Hotel registration is done separate from conference registration.